Thursday, July 5, 2018

Isaac Will Answer

His name was Peter, or at least he didn’t object when I called him that.  He came up to me while I was standing watch in the street the other day.  He had a BibleWay book in his hand.  He was carrying the one entitled Who Is Jesus, which is what we give out to each new believer. He asked me if he could tell me his story, since he had just listened to one of ours.  I said, “I would love to hear it.”  

He began by telling me that he had not lived a good life nor had it been an easy one.  He had lived rough, but his mother who had passed years ago would pray for him daily while she still breathed.  He told me how his wife had died three years ago, and how his daughter has a serious handicap.  He told me how he so needed a job to care for her. I smiled when he told me that he had decided earlier this year that this would be the year he would give his life to Christ.  He then told me that just that morning he had found a job, and next week he begins this new life as security at a place I did not recognize. 


It was at this point that I thought he was going to ask me for a loan just to get by, but I was wrong.  You see he continued his story by telling me that as he was walking home he saw one of our team with that little book with the word Jesus on it, and he just knew that today was the day he needed to become a believer, so he stopped to hear one of them share. He prayed to believe, and he received that same little book. He then saw me, and wanted to tell me his story, so I listened. At the end of this story, he did ask me one thing. He turned to the page with Isaac’s name and cell phone number written on it.  Then he pointed to that name and asked, “If I call this number will Isaac answer?” I said, “Yes, Isaac will answer.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. We will read them and reply if necessary soon.